Custom Rebate Program
OPPD offers its Business customers another reason to improve energy efficiency for their existing buildings.
Apply for Rebate
The Custom Rebate Program provides rebates for both energy studies and implementation projects. It is designed to encourage the use of innovative energy efficiency solutions to save energy, and improve comfort in existing commercial and industrial buildings.
An Energy Study rebate--50% of the study cost not to exceed $10,000 per building--is the first phase of the process. The Energy Study rebate will be paid after the customer commits to implement an energy efficiency project with a trade ally and OPPD has pre-approved the project.
The Custom Rebate is $500 per actual kW of peak demand reduction, limited to one project rebate per facility per calendar year. The project rebate is paid after documentation is submitted by the trade ally showing energy and demand savings.
The implementation of the custom project can save money on energy bills, make buildings more comfortable and operation more reliable. Approved custom projects will help reduce electricity demand and reduce greenhouse emissions, which will help to improve your ENERGY STAR score.
- The Custom Rebate is available to OPPD business customers with accounts in good standing
- Results of the implementation project must be deemed by OPPD to be sustainable for at least 5 years.
- Rebate requests shall feature energy efficiency measures that are NOT being funded by other OPPD programs (such as the Lighting Rebate or ARC Rebate Programs).
- An approved Trade Ally must be contracted with to be considered for a Custom Rebate.
If you have questions regarding the Custom Rebate Program, email BusinessRebates@oppd.com.
If you are a trade ally and would like approval to submit custom projects for rebates, review the requirements and available training.
- Approved Trade Ally completes an energy study identifying a project which will decrease summer peak demand.
- After OPPD approval, customer agrees to complete the identified project.
- Review Terms and Conditions.
- Financing is available through NEO Dollar and Energy Saving Loans.
- Submit Custom Rebate Application, a copy of the Energy Study and the Energy Study invoice to OPPD for project pre-approval and to receive Energy Study rebate.
- Receive Energy Study rebate check (50% of cost up to $10,000).
- Complete the project.
- Trade Ally submits measurement and verification report.
- OPPD validates peak demand reduction and energy savings using information provided.
- Customer receives project rebate check.
Examples of Qualifying Custom Projects
- Energy control systems
- HVAC systems
- Air compressors
- Refrigerant systems
- Motors and drives
Apply for Rebate