HVAC Smart Rebates - Single Family
Rebates and Residential Conservation Rate
OPPD completed a study to look at power generation and ways to reduce peak demand by 300 megawatts by 2023. As a result, we are offering rebate programs focused on reducing OPPD’s summer peak load.
2018 HVAC Smart Rebate Dollars: $750,000 (includes single and multi family rebates)
Remaining Balance Jan. 1: $750,000
- Must purchase and install new air conditioner or heat pump system, 15 SEER or higher (10 EER for packaged units) according to the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- Must condition living space (sunrooms, garages, outbuildings, etc. not eligible)
- Lower winter electric rate for qualified heat pump systems. See Residential Conservation Rate 115
Systems must be purchased on or after January 1, 2018. (Rebates not retroactive)
Home must be served by OPPD on a residential service rate
Please have the following available when applying for rebate:
- AHRI certified reference number(s) or electronic copy of AHRI certificate(s)
- Phone number as shown on your OPPD billing statement
- Address as shown on OPPD billing statement
- Electronic copy of paid invoice from HVAC contractor
NOTE: Electronic copies of the AHRI Certificate and copy of paid invoice must be uploaded to complete the application. Both are provided by your heating and cooling contractor.
Apply for Rebate
Many answers to questions regarding air conditioner and heat pump rebates may be found in the HVACSmart FAQ. Still have questions? Email ResidentialRebates@oppd.com or call 402-636-3753.
Program rules and details are subject to change without notice.